In May, Marvel Comics is cancelling the Rocket Raccoon series after five issues and relaunching it as Rocket! I don’t think a title has ever been launched, cancelled and relaunched quite so quickly – well I suppose there was Batwoman before the DC New 52 relaunch but that was eked out a bit.
But what could be the sudden demand – other than the wish to have a new issue 1 alongside the launch of I Am Groot, All-New Guardians Of The Galaxy and Guardians Of The Galaxy: Mother Entropy for the launch of the new Guardians movie?
Why does Marvel, suddenly now, feel the need for a new comic called Rocket?
Well, I understand that DC Comics is finally planning to release details of the long-gestated Milestone 2.0 series very soon. And one of the planned titles? A comic starring this previous sidekick.
Trademark wars are back!
- Rags #1 3rd Printing, Punchline #1 2nd Printing from Antarctic Press - December 10, 2018
- Joe Illidge, No Longer Executive Editor at Valiant Entertainment (UPDATED) - December 10, 2018
- What Avengers: Endgame May Owe to Roy Thomas and Avengers #71 - December 10, 2018
- Vancouver’s The Comicshop to Close - December 10, 2018
- J Scott Campbell Published His Own Captain Marvel Covers - December 10, 2018