It was an old friend Lance Gueck who claimed to have co-created Sam & Twitch. As in, Todd McFarlane drew them in Spawn #1, he named them and gave them a back story and helped Todd arrange the pages of Spawn #1 in order so they told a story. He gets a “special thanks” in the first issue for his pains.
This pair of cops in the Spawn Universe that span off into their own series, also provided a stepping stone for Brian Bendis, who went from writing and drawing hard crime in his own books, to crime with a supernatural and fantastic edge for McFarlane, to writing Ultimate Spider-Man for Marvel.
And now Deadline has interviewed BBC America president and GNM, Sarah Barnett, who has told them that Kevin Smith wants to make a Sam And Twitch TV Series for the station.
“They were originally introduced in Spawn, and it’s Todd McFarlane’s comic book series about these big-city homicide detectives who face a series of super grizzly crimes that are connected to the occult. Its kind of frightening and sort of gallows humor. It’s, again, procedural, but in a very modern, contemporary way. So each episode is closed ended, although there are certain character-serialized aspects to the
Which all sounds wonderful.
Just saying, maybe it would be a good time to make sure everything is squared away with Lance…
- Sam & Twitch's Star Wars Episode By Kevin Smith Is Probably Not What You Think It Would Be...
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018