It was an old friend Lance Gueck who claimed to have co-created Sam & Twitch. As in, Todd McFarlane drew them in Spawn #1, he named them and gave them a back story and helped Todd arrange the pages of Spawn #1 in order so they told a story. He gets a “special thanks” in the first issue for his pains.
This pair of cops in the Spawn Universe that span off into their own series, also provided a stepping stone for Brian Bendis, who went from writing and drawing hard crime in his own books, to crime with a supernatural and fantastic edge for McFarlane, to writing Ultimate Spider-Man for Marvel.
And now Deadline has interviewed BBC America president and GNM, Sarah Barnett, who has told them that Kevin Smith wants to make a Sam And Twitch TV Series for the station.
“They were originally introduced in Spawn, and it’s Todd McFarlane’s comic book series about these big-city homicide detectives who face a series of super grizzly crimes that are connected to the occult. Its kind of frightening and sort of gallows humor. It’s, again, procedural, but in a very modern, contemporary way. So each episode is closed ended, although there are certain character-serialized aspects to the
Which all sounds wonderful.
Just saying, maybe it would be a good time to make sure everything is squared away with Lance…
- The Jetsons Recreated As Something Closer To Black Mirror By DC Comics - March 23, 2017
- Rat Queens, Grass Kings, American Gods, Secret Empires And ResurrXions Top Advance Reorders - March 23, 2017
- DC Comics Publisher Dan DiDio Recreates Top Cat As Batman Villainn - March 23, 2017
- A Few DC Covers For April, From Jamie McKelvie To Sienkiewicz To Conner To Cho - March 22, 2017
- Garth Ennis And Donny Cates Find New Homes For Comics In AfterShock’s Solicits For June 2017 - March 22, 2017