Rooster Teeth, the company that has brought us such gems as Red vs Blue and RWBY just announced a new games division Rooster Teeth Games. The announcement comes on the heels their success with RWBY: Grimm Eclipse. Grimm Eclipse was a best-seller during its initial release on Steam back in the summer of 2016 and is currently a top-10 seller on both PS4 and Xbox One following its console release earlier this month.
The first game that will be published under the Rooster Teeth Games banner is Battlesloths 2025: The Great Pizza Wars developed by Invisible Collective. Battlesloths 2025: The Great Pizza Wars will debut in Spring 2017 on Steam.
The Great Pizza Wars is a local multiplayer in which players train to become the ultimate battle sloth competing against AI sloths in a quest to collect the most pizza. That it’s a local multiplayer steam release is something we haven’t seen much of lately, as even consoles have moved away from local multiplayer functions.
Rooster Teeth is opening their games division to any independent developers who want to gain exposure in the Rooster Teeth community with over 30 million subscribers on YouTube and more than 5 million unique monthly visitors to its website. They also hope to provide first-party relations, marketing, distribution and legal services, as well as partners in commerce merchandising and promotional solutions.Which isn’t too bad in terms of a cold sales pitch.
- Milestone’s Ride 3 has a New Release Date and New Trailer - September 21, 2018
- Diablo Could Be Getting an Animated Netflix Series - September 21, 2018
- Telltale Games: Major Layoffs and Possible Studio Shut Down - September 21, 2018
- Sony to Halt Production on the PS Vita in Japan Next Year - September 20, 2018
- Capcom Reveals Resident Evil 2 Remake Gameplay at TGS - September 20, 2018