Francis Ford Coppola announced today that his film company American Zeotrope will be partnering with director Montgomery Markland, producer Lawrence Liberty, and writer Rob Auten to create a psychological horror RPG based off Coppola’s 1979 film Apocalypse Now.
The game will be created by a “team of AAA developers” including the creators, designers, directors, writers and producers of Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, The Witcher, Neverwinter Nights 2, Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Everquest, DC Universe Online, PlanetSide, PlanetSide 2, Star Wars Galaxies according to the game’s Kickstarter page.
The project is being created outside of “traditional channels” because “the traditional game publisher system won’t let this happen.”
The Kickstarter also includes a message from Coppola:
- Be Careful What You Write In The Death Note - July 22, 2017
- Get Ready For Retro Arcade Action With Twitch’s ‘Starcade’ Marathon - July 21, 2017
- Steven Universe: Save The Light Unveiled New Characters In Their Gameplay Trailer - July 21, 2017
- Destiny And Halo Writer Jon Goff Joins Crackdown 3 - July 21, 2017
- Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite’s Story Mode Is A Travesty - July 21, 2017