Francis Ford Coppola announced today that his film company American Zeotrope will be partnering with director Montgomery Markland, producer Lawrence Liberty, and writer Rob Auten to create a psychological horror RPG based off Coppola’s 1979 film Apocalypse Now.
The game will be created by a “team of AAA developers” including the creators, designers, directors, writers and producers of Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, The Witcher, Neverwinter Nights 2, Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Everquest, DC Universe Online, PlanetSide, PlanetSide 2, Star Wars Galaxies according to the game’s Kickstarter page.
The project is being created outside of “traditional channels” because “the traditional game publisher system won’t let this happen.”
The Kickstarter also includes a message from Coppola:
- Gazillion Entertainment Is Shutting Marvel Heroes Down This Friday Instead Of The End Of December As Promised - November 22, 2017
- EA Is In Trouble Again: This Time Over FIFA As Fans Start A Boycott - November 22, 2017
- Sign-up For The Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha Is Closing Next Week - November 22, 2017
- You Can Now Hire Professionals To Play Call Of Duty For You - November 22, 2017
- Pokémon Go Has New Rules For The Mewtwo Ex Raids - November 22, 2017