Francis Ford Coppola announced today that his film company American Zeotrope will be partnering with director Montgomery Markland, producer Lawrence Liberty, and writer Rob Auten to create a psychological horror RPG based off Coppola’s 1979 film Apocalypse Now.
The game will be created by a “team of AAA developers” including the creators, designers, directors, writers and producers of Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, The Witcher, Neverwinter Nights 2, Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Everquest, DC Universe Online, PlanetSide, PlanetSide 2, Star Wars Galaxies according to the game’s Kickstarter page.
The project is being created outside of “traditional channels” because “the traditional game publisher system won’t let this happen.”
The Kickstarter also includes a message from Coppola:
- Telltale Games’ Guardians Of The Galaxy Episode 2 Gets A Release Date - May 27, 2017
- LEGO Worlds Now Has A Sandbox Creator Mode - May 27, 2017
- Don’t Get Too Hyped For Kingdom Hearts 3 or The FFVII Remake, They Won’t Be Here For A While - May 27, 2017
- CD Projekt Red Has Given Gwent Closed Beta Testers A Free Copy Of The Witcher 2 - May 27, 2017
- BBC’s Top Gear Finally Gets A Mobile Game - May 24, 2017