Francis Ford Coppola announced today that his film company American Zeotrope will be partnering with director Montgomery Markland, producer Lawrence Liberty, and writer Rob Auten to create a psychological horror RPG based off Coppola’s 1979 film Apocalypse Now.
The game will be created by a “team of AAA developers” including the creators, designers, directors, writers and producers of Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, The Witcher, Neverwinter Nights 2, Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Everquest, DC Universe Online, PlanetSide, PlanetSide 2, Star Wars Galaxies according to the game’s Kickstarter page.
The project is being created outside of “traditional channels” because “the traditional game publisher system won’t let this happen.”
The Kickstarter also includes a message from Coppola:
- A Gamer’s Review of Tomb Raider: Far Too Much a Retelling Than an Adaptation - March 18, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII Adds an Updated Modern Warfare Map to Multiplayer - March 18, 2018
- Funimation Wants Goku to Join the Cast of Super Smash Bros. on the Switch - March 18, 2018
- Nike is Sponsoring the Next Splatoon 2 Splatfest, Which Means Splatoon Sneakers - March 18, 2018
- Rumor: Sega is Considering Making a Sequel to Yakuza 0 - March 18, 2018