Francis Ford Coppola announced today that his film company American Zeotrope will be partnering with director Montgomery Markland, producer Lawrence Liberty, and writer Rob Auten to create a psychological horror RPG based off Coppola’s 1979 film Apocalypse Now.
The game will be created by a “team of AAA developers” including the creators, designers, directors, writers and producers of Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, The Witcher, Neverwinter Nights 2, Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Everquest, DC Universe Online, PlanetSide, PlanetSide 2, Star Wars Galaxies according to the game’s Kickstarter page.
The project is being created outside of “traditional channels” because “the traditional game publisher system won’t let this happen.”
The Kickstarter also includes a message from Coppola:
- King’s Knight: Wrath Of The Dark Dragon - September 8, 2017
- Did We Really Need Far Cry 5? - September 8, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Doesn’t Feel Like An Assassin’s Creed Game - September 8, 2017
- Dishonored 2: Death Of The Outsider At PAX West - September 8, 2017
- The Evil Within 2 Might Just Have Been The Best Game Demo Ever - September 8, 2017