Francis Ford Coppola announced today that his film company American Zeotrope will be partnering with director Montgomery Markland, producer Lawrence Liberty, and writer Rob Auten to create a psychological horror RPG based off Coppola’s 1979 film Apocalypse Now.
The game will be created by a “team of AAA developers” including the creators, designers, directors, writers and producers of Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, The Witcher, Neverwinter Nights 2, Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Everquest, DC Universe Online, PlanetSide, PlanetSide 2, Star Wars Galaxies according to the game’s Kickstarter page.
The project is being created outside of “traditional channels” because “the traditional game publisher system won’t let this happen.”
The Kickstarter also includes a message from Coppola:
- Realtalk: Where is Our Detroit: Become Human Review? - May 25, 2018
- Castle of Heart’s First Major Update Tweaks Character Animations, Combat, and the Tutorial - May 25, 2018
- Epic Games Considering Keeping a Large Squad Mode for Fortnite like 50 v 50 - May 25, 2018
- Deathgarden Announces Closed Beta Test Coming in Late June - May 25, 2018
- EA Will Hold the FIFA eWorld Cup in London This Year - May 25, 2018