In a tragic turn of events, only hours after The Hollywood Reporter broke the news that Miguel Ferrer had been cast in the upcoming Teen Titans animated film, we have learned that he has passed away at the age of 61 from cancer. His career in film and television spanned more than 35 years, including memorable characters from Robocop, Twin Peaks, and Crossing Jordan.
We will still see him again, as he reprised his role as FBI Agent Albert Rosenfeld on David Lynch’s upcoming continuation of Twin Peaks, which premieres May 21 on Showtime.
As was a lifelong fan of comics, he spoke of Batman as always having been his favorite character. He did have the opportunity to act in comics as the DC comics supervillain, the Weather Wizard, in both animated form (Superman (1996)) and live-action (Justice League of America (1997)).
Ferrer was the son of Oscar-winning actor Jose Ferrer and Rosemary Clooney, and was the cousin of George Clooney. He is survived by his wife Lori and two sons (Lukas and Rafi) by ex-wife Leilani Sarelle.
- Halloween: A Rarity in Horror Films, a Sequel that Salvages a Franchise - October 19, 2018
- First Man: The Naked Singularity Within A National Mythos [Review] - October 12, 2018
- From Stormtrooper Ballgowns to Superman Punching Doomsday: 125 Cosplay Shots From NYCC Saturday - October 6, 2018
- American Gods Season 2 Teaser Trailer Revealed at NYCC – We Have it Here! - October 5, 2018
- Venom Review: It’s Not as Bad as You’ve Heard - October 5, 2018