In a tragic turn of events, only hours after The Hollywood Reporter broke the news that Miguel Ferrer had been cast in the upcoming Teen Titans animated film, we have learned that he has passed away at the age of 61 from cancer. His career in film and television spanned more than 35 years, including memorable characters from Robocop, Twin Peaks, and Crossing Jordan.
We will still see him again, as he reprised his role as FBI Agent Albert Rosenfeld on David Lynch’s upcoming continuation of Twin Peaks, which premieres May 21 on Showtime.
As was a lifelong fan of comics, he spoke of Batman as always having been his favorite character. He did have the opportunity to act in comics as the DC comics supervillain, the Weather Wizard, in both animated form (Superman (1996)) and live-action (Justice League of America (1997)).
Ferrer was the son of Oscar-winning actor Jose Ferrer and Rosemary Clooney, and was the cousin of George Clooney. He is survived by his wife Lori and two sons (Lukas and Rafi) by ex-wife Leilani Sarelle.
- All-New Ghost in the Shell Series Coming to Netflix in 2020 - December 7, 2018
- Marvel Studios Releases New ‘Captain Marvel’ Trailer - December 3, 2018
- San Francisco Validates an Election with D&D Dice - November 23, 2018
- Eaglemoss’s Black Friday Sale: Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, and More - November 23, 2018
- Eagle Moss at NYCC - November 22, 2018