The CW has announced at the Television Critics Association press tour today that they have renewed seven series. The Flash will be back for season 4, Arrow for season 6, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow both for season 3. Also included is Supernatural coming back for season 13, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend for season 3 and Jane the Virgin for season 4.
Left off the list of renewals are The Vampire Diaries, which is coming to an end this season… and newcomers No Tomorrow and Frequency. Both series are struggling in the ratings.
Too soon to mention is the new Riverdale series or the mid-season returning iZombie, The Originals and The 100.
During the announcement, CW President Mark Pedowitz said:
Over the past several seasons, The CW has built a schedule of proven performers, from our lineup of DC superheroes, to critically acclaimed comedies, to sci-fi dramas. Early pickups of these seven series now allow our producers to plan ahead for next season, and gives us a solid base to build on for next season, with original scripted series to roll out all year long.
- A Look At Harley Quinn Through Her 25 Years Of Comics - September 23, 2017
- Is TNT’s The Last Ship Sailing Towards Cancellation Bay? - September 23, 2017
- Riverdale Season 2 Has Betty And Jughead Trying To Have A Long-Distance Romance - September 23, 2017
- Blindspot Season 3: Who’s Behind Jane’s New Light-Up Tattoos? - September 23, 2017
- Supernatural Season 13: Missouri Moseley Returns After 12 Years - September 23, 2017