It was announced that Alec Morgan was the artist for the new Elektra #1, written by Netflix Luke Cage writer Matt Owens, out from Marvel in February. Look, his name is even on the cover image (cover art by Elizabeth Torque).
But it’s not to be. Instead, Bleeding Cool learns, he has been replaced by Juan Cabal, who drew an issue of Wolverines #17 two years previously – and that’s it.
Instead Alec Morgan will be drawing a back-up strip for Bullseye #1, also out in February, by Bullseye co-creator Marv Wolfman.
UPDATE: Marvel representatives get in touch to say
We’re big fans of Alec’s style, and we ultimately felt he was better suited for a different project. For those looking for him, you can see some of his amazing artwork in February’s Bullseye #1 alongside legendary writer Marv Wolfman. And we’re very excited to bring Juan Cabal on to the Elektra series alongside Matt Owens.
- Adapting Madness – Bringing H.P. Lovecraft’s World to Life - March 18, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters – 18th March 2018 – DC Comics Collect Their Thoughts - March 18, 2018
- DC Continues New Editions of Sandman for 30th Anniversary into 2019 - March 18, 2018
- Exclusive Relationships: J. Scott Campbell, Adi Granov, Dale Keown, Leinil Francis Yu and More - March 18, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 18th March 2018 – “And Now We Have a Horse Race” as Marvel Steps Up - March 18, 2018