The mid-season finale of Arrow ended with Prometheus tricking Green Arrow into killing Detective Billy Malone. There has to be fallout from a move like that, but it doesn’t seem like the writers on Arrow are going in the way fans might expect. In the trailer Adrian Chase tells Oliver Queen that Prometheus tricked Green Arrow into the killing, so there won’t be a manhunt for him. And we know that Felicity Smoak doesn’t hold Oliver responsible… even though he did kill her new boyfriend. The fallout seems to be more of Felicity becoming obsessed with finding and taking out Prometheus. Executive Producer Wendy Mericle told TVLine about the emotional results from both the killing and Laurel Lances’s return:
There will be… whatever the reverse of a ‘silver lining’ is… when he finds out what’s really going on. It will have a lot of emotional resonance, particularly for him and Felicity.
And that how Felicity going darker and the question of Prometheus identity is what Mericle called:
A gift that keeps on giving for the rest of the season.
The big thing to take from this whole thing is that we are going to see a darker Felicity (I don’t think they mean Hacker Felicity style dark) and that the man under the mask may not be who we’ve been lead to believe. Let the speculation resume!
Arrow returns January 25th.
- Marvel’s Daredevil Season 3: The Fall Of A Righteous Man - October 19, 2017
- The Magicians – Fanimation: Party Tricks Chapter One - October 19, 2017
- Arrow Season 6: An Inside Look At Episode 2, ‘Tribute’ - October 19, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary: Sholly Fisch Talks The Mighty Mouse Finale - October 19, 2017
- Supernatural Season 13: Trying To Explain God To The Son Of Lucifer - October 19, 2017