The mid-season finale of Arrow ended with Prometheus tricking Green Arrow into killing Detective Billy Malone. There has to be fallout from a move like that, but it doesn’t seem like the writers on Arrow are going in the way fans might expect. In the trailer Adrian Chase tells Oliver Queen that Prometheus tricked Green Arrow into the killing, so there won’t be a manhunt for him. And we know that Felicity Smoak doesn’t hold Oliver responsible… even though he did kill her new boyfriend. The fallout seems to be more of Felicity becoming obsessed with finding and taking out Prometheus. Executive Producer Wendy Mericle told TVLine about the emotional results from both the killing and Laurel Lances’s return:
There will be… whatever the reverse of a ‘silver lining’ is… when he finds out what’s really going on. It will have a lot of emotional resonance, particularly for him and Felicity.
And that how Felicity going darker and the question of Prometheus identity is what Mericle called:
A gift that keeps on giving for the rest of the season.
The big thing to take from this whole thing is that we are going to see a darker Felicity (I don’t think they mean Hacker Felicity style dark) and that the man under the mask may not be who we’ve been lead to believe. Let the speculation resume!
Arrow returns January 25th.
- Green Arrow Vs Prometheus – Catch Up With A Spring Recap - April 25, 2017
- Exclusive Extended Previews – Doc Savage: Ring of Fire #2 And KISS: The Elder Vol 1 - April 25, 2017
- A Lot Can Change In 8 Years – A Look Inside The Once And Future Flash - April 25, 2017
- May And Daisy Try To Escape The Triskelion - April 25, 2017
- Nano-Swarms And Ex-Boyfriends – Supergirl Returns - April 25, 2017