The mid-season finale of Arrow ended with Prometheus tricking Green Arrow into killing Detective Billy Malone. There has to be fallout from a move like that, but it doesn’t seem like the writers on Arrow are going in the way fans might expect. In the trailer Adrian Chase tells Oliver Queen that Prometheus tricked Green Arrow into the killing, so there won’t be a manhunt for him. And we know that Felicity Smoak doesn’t hold Oliver responsible… even though he did kill her new boyfriend. The fallout seems to be more of Felicity becoming obsessed with finding and taking out Prometheus. Executive Producer Wendy Mericle told TVLine about the emotional results from both the killing and Laurel Lances’s return:
There will be… whatever the reverse of a ‘silver lining’ is… when he finds out what’s really going on. It will have a lot of emotional resonance, particularly for him and Felicity.
And that how Felicity going darker and the question of Prometheus identity is what Mericle called:
A gift that keeps on giving for the rest of the season.
The big thing to take from this whole thing is that we are going to see a darker Felicity (I don’t think they mean Hacker Felicity style dark) and that the man under the mask may not be who we’ve been lead to believe. Let the speculation resume!
Arrow returns January 25th.
- Supergirl Season 3: 14 Photos From the ‘Darkside of the Moon’ - May 22, 2018
- Arrow Season 7: Buzz Building Over 2 New Characters - May 22, 2018
- Exclusive Look Inside The Suit Trade Paperback from Dennis Calero - May 22, 2018
- Syfy Releases Video to Hype Krypton’s Second Season Renewal - May 22, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: How to Defeat The Thinker Without Him Knowing - May 22, 2018