In this new featurette for the movie A Monster Calls, director J. A. Bayona and actor Liam Neeson talk about what it took to film The Monster. There are forty-five minutes of visual effects according to Bayona and mixing the digital world with the real one is quite a challenge.
I know the film is based on a children’s book by Patrick Ness and Jim Kay from 2011 based on the an original idea by Siobhan Dowd who passed away from a terminal illness in 2007… so the art was done before the release of Guardians of the Galaxy… but the Monster looks a lot like Groot, only bigger. So the bases for the special effects had already been done… unless they go in a completely different direction and it doesn’t seem like they have.
A Monster Calls opens January 6th.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018