Emma Watson, John Boyega, and Tom Hanks‘ new techno-thriller film The Circle’s teaser trailer has now arrived.
Based on a book by Dave Eggers, the story follows Mae (Watson) rises through the ranks of the world’s largest tech and social media company, The Circle. Company founder Eamon Bailey (Hanks) encourages May to live her life with complete transparency and she becomes embroiled in the perils of life in a digital age where personal data is collected, sifted and monetized and used for surveillance, rendering privacy obsolete. The driving question is – when everyone is watching, is anyone really safe?
The Circle’s distributor EuropaCorp has been quietly pushing a What is the Matrix? style campaign via the film’s website wearethecircle.com (if you go there, it’ll pretend to be scanning your computer for your contacts, social life, and everything else we probably share far too glibly without thinking about it’s consequences).
THE CIRCLE will be in theaters on April 28th, 2017!
- First Man: The Naked Singularity Within A National Mythos [Review] - October 12, 2018
- From Stormtrooper Ballgowns to Superman Punching Doomsday: 125 Cosplay Shots From NYCC Saturday - October 6, 2018
- American Gods Season 2 Teaser Trailer Revealed at NYCC – We Have it Here! - October 5, 2018
- Venom Review: It’s Not as Bad as You’ve Heard - October 5, 2018
- Bad Times at the El Royale Review: As Good as the Trailer, Almost - October 5, 2018