Emma Watson, John Boyega, and Tom Hanks‘ new techno-thriller film The Circle’s teaser trailer has now arrived.
Based on a book by Dave Eggers, the story follows Mae (Watson) rises through the ranks of the world’s largest tech and social media company, The Circle. Company founder Eamon Bailey (Hanks) encourages May to live her life with complete transparency and she becomes embroiled in the perils of life in a digital age where personal data is collected, sifted and monetized and used for surveillance, rendering privacy obsolete. The driving question is – when everyone is watching, is anyone really safe?
The Circle’s distributor EuropaCorp has been quietly pushing a What is the Matrix? style campaign via the film’s website wearethecircle.com (if you go there, it’ll pretend to be scanning your computer for your contacts, social life, and everything else we probably share far too glibly without thinking about it’s consequences).
THE CIRCLE will be in theaters on April 28th, 2017!
- Deadpool 2 Review: Your Friend With Benefits Who Does That Thing You Like - May 17, 2018
- Date and Location Announced for Star Wars Celebration 2019! - May 16, 2018
- First Season of Amazon’s Lord of the Rings Series to Center on a Young Aragorn - May 16, 2018
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Review – Lando Rocks, Solo’s Fine, and Star Wars Lives On [Spoiler Free] - May 15, 2018
- Superman Actress Margot Kidder Passes Away at 69 - May 14, 2018