We haven’t gotten a lot of information around the storyline for Transformers 5 (alright, so the real title is Transformers: The Last Knight, but on hearing it all I can think of is Sean Connery and Richard Gere’s disastrous First Knight from 1995, so let’s stick with T5). Director and Hollywood’s King of Blowing Cities Up finally serves up the first teaser trailer to give us a bit more of an idea of how far off the storyline may or may not be.
So far the hints had been that the story would revolve around Optimus Prime returning to the Transformer’s homeworld of Cybertron to find that it’s nothing but a dead planet. To bring Cybertron back, he’ll need to hunt down an Arthurian artifact. Yea, Arthurian as in King Arthur. With Merlin himself having actually gotten his powers from an ancient Transformer. (Perhaps thinking of Connery and Gere isn’t that far off point).
Finally going international, we should also meet some of the English Autobots, including Cogman (an Aston Martin), Squeaks (a Vespa) and “The Creator”.
Slated for a June 23rd, 2017 release date, T5 stars Mark Wahlberg, Jerrod Carmichael, Isabela Moner, Josh Duhamel, Anthony Hopkins, Laura Haddock, Tyrese Gibson, Santiago Cabrera, Liam Garrigan, and Stanley Tucci.
As an added bonus, here’s the UK version:
- Tomb Raider Review: FINALLY, A Video Game Movie That Isn’t Cringe-Worthy - March 16, 2018
- A Wrinkle in Time Review: Almost A Modern Escape To Witch Mountain - March 9, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Chatter: Episode 0 – Welcome to the Podcast! - March 3, 2018
- Dragon Con’s Two Biggest Cosplay Photoshoots Called Off By Coordinators - February 27, 2018
- Red Sparrow Review: A Solid Slow-Burn U.S. vs Russia Espionage Caper - February 24, 2018