We haven’t gotten a lot of information around the storyline for Transformers 5 (alright, so the real title is Transformers: The Last Knight, but on hearing it all I can think of is Sean Connery and Richard Gere’s disastrous First Knight from 1995, so let’s stick with T5). Director and Hollywood’s King of Blowing Cities Up finally serves up the first teaser trailer to give us a bit more of an idea of how far off the storyline may or may not be.
So far the hints had been that the story would revolve around Optimus Prime returning to the Transformer’s homeworld of Cybertron to find that it’s nothing but a dead planet. To bring Cybertron back, he’ll need to hunt down an Arthurian artifact. Yea, Arthurian as in King Arthur. With Merlin himself having actually gotten his powers from an ancient Transformer. (Perhaps thinking of Connery and Gere isn’t that far off point).
Finally going international, we should also meet some of the English Autobots, including Cogman (an Aston Martin), Squeaks (a Vespa) and “The Creator”.
Slated for a June 23rd, 2017 release date, T5 stars Mark Wahlberg, Jerrod Carmichael, Isabela Moner, Josh Duhamel, Anthony Hopkins, Laura Haddock, Tyrese Gibson, Santiago Cabrera, Liam Garrigan, and Stanley Tucci.
As an added bonus, here’s the UK version:
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Review – Better Than Predecessor Film - June 21, 2018
- Incredibles 2 Review: 14 Years Later and Feeling Just as Fresh - June 15, 2018
- ‘Hotel Artemis’ Review: An Epic Cast Trapped in a Mediocre Script - June 8, 2018
- Exclusive Clip from Affairs of State: This is Insane! - June 8, 2018
- Phoenix Comic Fest Convention Center Evacuated in Response to Fire Alarm - May 26, 2018