By Joe Glass
An image is doing the rounds purporting to be artwork from the upcoming Marvel Studios’ film, Thor: Ragnarok.
Not only does it feature a first look at a gladiatorial Hulk, but also a new look for Thor. A little darker than previous looks with a new helmet, and sporting two swords instead of the mighty Mjolnir. So maybe he loses the magical hammer for some time in the film?
What is most striking to me is the weirdly colorful paint splattery effect, which along with the 80s nostalgia logo, makes me wonder if there’s an offbeat tone with the film along the lines of Guardians of the Galaxy. Certainly that would fit with the choice of director and Thor’s recent appearance in the Doctor Strange mid-credits stinger.
So, what does everyone think of this look for the God of Thunder?
- 2017 Television Countdown #4: The Steven Universe Accidental Racism Apology - December 31, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Speculation: Is Doctor Manhattan Posing as a DC Superhero? - December 29, 2017
- Eugenic #3 Review: The Horror Ends with a Look at the Horrors of Ignorance - December 27, 2017
- Well, Does Anyone Like the ‘Jubilee is a Vampire’ Idea? - December 27, 2017
- A Major Unexpected Return in Today’s Spider-Men II #5 - December 27, 2017