Today in ‘well I didn’t know what was a thing’ news Deadline has reported that Amy Schumer is in negotiations to play Barbie in a movie based on the toyline. The movie is set to start production in summer of 2018 and it appears that Schumer and her sister Kim Caramele take a look at the Hillary Winston script. Schumer is an interesting choice and the summary provided by Deadline seems to indicate they are going in a different direction than we might expect from a Barbie movie.
Schumer will play a character who lives in Barbieland, among all of the various Barbie characters beloved by doll collectors (there are dolls covering over 180 careers). In a fish-out-of-water story reminiscent of films like Splash and Big, Schumer’s Barbie gets kicked out, basically because she’s not perfect enough, is a bit eccentric and doesn’t quite fit the mold. She then goes on an adventure in the real world and by the time she returns to Barbieland to save it, she has gained the realization that perfection comes on the inside, not the outside, and that the key to happiness is belief in oneself, free of the obligation to adhere to some unattainable standard of perfection
This seems like a movie that very much exists because The Lego Movie was so popular. However, it might be interesting to see what they end up making considering Schumer is much more known for her R rated sense of humor.
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix and Marvel Cancel Luke Cage - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018