I binge-watched this season of Lucifer to catch up. I had only seen the season premiere, so I was able to knock out all the shows in between and then watch last night live. The first season felt a bit rudderless to me. There was the story of Amenadiel trying to get Lucifer back to Hell, but it was a background story for the most part and didn’t really drive the series. Going into season 2 I had hoped that the introduction of Charlotte / Lucifer’s mom would bring that driving force… it hasn’t. It’s better than the first season, but so far her being around has only pushed the Uriel episode and last nights episode about finding the missing dagger of Azrael. But it looks like next week Charlotte is going to become more active, trying to take away Lucifer’s place on Earth so he’ll want to go back to heaven with his mother and brother. And I’m getting the feeling that “going back” is her way of saying “taking over”.
Lucifer airs Mondays at 9PM on Fox.
- Moonstone Brings The Avenger: Double Feature to Stores This September - May 23, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: Mysterious Girl and Her Big Mistake - May 23, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: What Happened to the Season Finale Big Bad Tease? - May 23, 2018
- Captain Marvelous: Zachary Levi Joins Amazon Studios’ Marvelous Mrs. Maisel - May 23, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Kara and Mon-El Speed Off to Meet [Spoiler] - May 23, 2018