Jurassic World wasn’t so much a Jurassic Park sequel as it was a slight reboot for the series. It had things that tied it to the originals, but tonally and themeatically, it was setting up a new world, using a similar story as the first to highlight what was different (kind of like The Force Awakens). It’s why that film isn’t considered Jurassic Park 4 so much.
But here is an interesting question, is the next film going to be more Jurassic World or Jurassic Park? This is what Cinema Blend asked director J.A. Bayona recently, and he had this to say:
That’s a good question! I think somehow it’s both. It’s a very good question, and what we’re doing is a sequel to Jurassic World, but it’s definitely the fifth chapter of a longer saga. It’s very interesting. It’s always tricky, but you need to find a balance in what people expect to find, and the new stuff you’re bringing to the story. And I think the story is looking for a connection between Jurassic World and Jurassic Park — more than what Jurassic World did.
Branching those two brands to be more whole is certainly an interesting way of going. I’m really curious to see what comes of Jurassic World 2.
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake is Still in Full Development Despite Not Being at E3 - June 15, 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Announced and it Brings Every Fighter Ever from the Series to the Game - June 12, 2018
- Super Mario Party Makes its Debut on the Nintendo Switch This Year - June 12, 2018
- Death Stranding E3 Trailer Shows Off Our First Glimpse of Gameplay - June 11, 2018
- Trials Rising Brings the Motorcycle Title Back for More Stunts Than Ever - June 11, 2018