By Jonathan Rich
Bleeding Cool Senior Southern Correspondent
The character of Killer Frost has come a long way since her introduction as a Firestorm villainess in 1978 and the super cool fem fatale will soon get her own special issue with Justice League of America: Killer Frost Rebirth #1.
“Killer Frost is transitioning from a villain to a hero and we see if a person can really change,” said co-writer Jody Houser of the special issue expected on stands early next year. “A lot of it, we know where she ends up at the end of Justice League vs. Suicide Squad and we explore how she feels about it.”
Houser told the NC Comicon audience at the DC panel she is enjoying her first major superhero work on one of the major publishing house’s titles almost as much as she is having fun working with co-writer Steve Orlando.
“Steve is fun to work with and I think we mesh pretty well,” she said. “He’ll pull out an obscure character that fits perfectly with what we are doing and that brings it all into synch with what DC is hoping to do with Rebirth.”
The 32 page special issue with art by Mirka Andolfo will cost #2.99 when it is expected on stands Jan. 25, 2017.
Jonathan Rich is a freelance journalist, high school educator, and self-professed comic book nerd working in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina. He writes about entertainment and pop culture for various print and web publications, including bleedingcool.com.
- Motor Crush Revs Up With Lush Backup Feature Isola - December 6, 2016
- MomoCon Hosts Cosplayers On Ice In Atlanta On Sunday - December 2, 2016
- Thumper Is Deadpool’s Sabretooth, And More At NC Comicon - November 14, 2016
- “Comics For Dangerous Humans” – Young Animal At NC Comicon - November 12, 2016
- Klaus Janson Suspects A Dark Knight IV and Dark Knight V, At NC Comicon - November 12, 2016