If you are following along with this season of Gotham, then you’ll know that the introduction of Jervis Tetch came with his sister, Alice, who’s blood turns people into killers. And that Captain Nathaniel Barnes, who was still recovering from his injury last season at the hands of Azrael, got a drop of her blood in his eye. Last week Barnes snapped and killed two people. With the second one he claimed to be Judge, Jury and Executioner. Fox has released this new video with Benedict Samuel talking about the strength and rage being brought out of Barnes… and the title of the next episode is The Executioner.
Well, for some very diligent fans, that name should ring a bell. The Executioner is a Batman villain who only appeared once. He was a carnival worker named Willy Hooker that would help criminals escape jail and then use the guise of the Executioner to kill them and claim the reward. Batman and Robin stopped him in the pages of Detective Comics #191 (January 1953).
Barnes has already killed a guy who was just released from jail. We’ll have to see if he releases any specifically so he can kill them or if he actually gets called Executioner. Not sure if the writers actually went back and found this character, but he predates Marvel’s character with the same name by a decade and Skurge’s first live-action appearance by almost a year.
- Gotham Is Ramping Up The Villain Count As The Season Builds Towards The Finale
- Gotham Gets Renewed For Fourth Season
- Jim Gordon Demands A Seat At The Table
- It's Villain Vs Villain On The Next Episode Of Gotham
- Ben McKenzie Makes His Directorial Debut On An Episode Of Gotham
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018