As I’ve written a bunch of times, I am excited for the Universal Monster shared universe. While shared universes before a first movie is out is a cart way before a horse, the idea of a major movie studio getting behind horror with a ton of money and umph is a pretty unique thing.
That universe will kick off next year withThe Mummy, which stars Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe. Jon Spaihts, who was a screenwriter on the movie. recently talked about the movie with The Hollywood Reporter. When asked what that film will have in common with Spaihts’ Doctor Strange, which he co-wrote. he explained:
I think a similar desire to legitimately explore the frightening and the cosmic. In The Mummy, I think we’re going to see the first Mummy film in the entire Universal canon with the true power to terrify. The earliest [Boris] Karloff and Bela Lugosi Mummy movies were scary in a small way, perhaps a dated way. They were almost parlor movies. Subsequent movies have been more swashbuckling. This one is going to have all of that action and adventure, but a legitimate power to terrify. I think that’s going to be the new experience of that film.
That is what I love to hear. I think there is a ton of potential here. Fingers crossed.
- F1 2015 is Free to Pick Up Right Now Thanks to Humble Bundle - March 23, 2018
- Detroit: Become Human Gets 3 Trailers to Show Off Its Protagonists - March 23, 2018
- Overwatch League: Dallas Fuel’s Tank Woes Continue as New Tank OGE is Suspended Before Even Arriving - March 23, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Working On AAA RPG Set to Release By 2021 (And it’s Not Cyberpunk 2077) - March 23, 2018
- PUBG is Getting Fortnite-Like Events That Will Consistently Change - March 22, 2018