Jeffrey Dean Morgan didn’t last very long in Batman v Superman. As the role of Thomas Wayne, he was gone even before the opening credits rolled.
However, there is a way he could come back, and in a pretty substantial role. As those of you who have read Flashpoint know, it’s a series where The Flash goes back in time to save his mother, but this causes a knock on effect that ends up getting Bruce Wayne killed instead of his parents. This then leads to Thomas Wayne taking up the mantle of the Bat.
It appears that Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be well up for taking on the role. Speaking to CinemaBlend, the actor said he’d be well up for it, saying:
Maybe when he cast me that was kind of the goal. Hopefully DC can figure this all out, and in a few years I can come back and do a Flashpoint Batman! I would love it. That would be great.
He also mentions that Zack Snyder once told him that he would be a great Batman, So who knows?
I think Flashpoint would be a bit of a weird storyline to adapt into the DCEU, so I really am not holding my breath at all on this. At the same time though, the mind does wander…
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018
- Breath of the Wild Style Open World Pokemon Game Possibly “Still on the Cards” - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2 Glitch Could Confirm Next Expansion Location - October 15, 2018