The preview for the next episode of The Flash gets us to something that was set up last season. The debut of Jesse Quick. Now we’ve already met her as Jesse Wells (Violett Beane), with ‘Quick’ being a nickname from her father Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh) of Earth-2. On an episode called Magenta where we also get to meet Frankie Kane / Magenta (Joey King), we get to see Jesse use her speedster powers.
In the comics, Jesse is the daughter of Johnny Quick, a golden age speedster and Liberty Belle… both were members of the All-Star Squadron. Jesse Chambers, her name in the comics, has both her farther’s abilities to fly and run fast and her mothers super-strength. She taps into the speed force using a mathematical equation: 3X2(9YZ)4A.
Magenta in the comics possess the power of magnetism and was a childhood friend of Wally West. She started off as a hero, even joining the Teen Titans. Frankie and Wally were dating, but things move to fast for her and she left… later coming back with some deluded memories of their time together and attacking him. She would become a member of the new Rogues.
Both characters show up next week.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018