The preview for the next episode of The Flash gets us to something that was set up last season. The debut of Jesse Quick. Now we’ve already met her as Jesse Wells (Violett Beane), with ‘Quick’ being a nickname from her father Harrison Wells (Tom Cavanagh) of Earth-2. On an episode called Magenta where we also get to meet Frankie Kane / Magenta (Joey King), we get to see Jesse use her speedster powers.
In the comics, Jesse is the daughter of Johnny Quick, a golden age speedster and Liberty Belle… both were members of the All-Star Squadron. Jesse Chambers, her name in the comics, has both her farther’s abilities to fly and run fast and her mothers super-strength. She taps into the speed force using a mathematical equation: 3X2(9YZ)4A.
Magenta in the comics possess the power of magnetism and was a childhood friend of Wally West. She started off as a hero, even joining the Teen Titans. Frankie and Wally were dating, but things move to fast for her and she left… later coming back with some deluded memories of their time together and attacking him. She would become a member of the new Rogues.
Both characters show up next week.
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 New York Giants - February 25, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Stephen Amell Rocking it Old School - February 25, 2018
- Meet Jim Lee, this Afternoon, in Front of Vons… Selling Girl Scout Cookies - February 25, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Has Jefferson Learned About Anissa’s Powers? - February 25, 2018
- Darkseid vs Doomsday in Newest DC Versus - February 25, 2018