From the Diamond Retailer Appreciation Breakfast meeting taking place at New York Comic Con this morning,
Diamond Comic Distributors have given us some new statistics demonstrating that overall sales are up, year on year so far, by a half a percent. Until now all the statistics showed that 2016 was performing worse that 2015, but DC Rebirth amongst others, have utterly turned that around and made up for the poorer performance earlier in the year.
And that there are more comic stores this year as well. 3.6% more.
They spent time looking at the changes Diamond distribution, especially the Olive Branch warehouses. I talked to a number of Diamond employees about this change this morning who are really excited – and who acknowledge previous flaws.
…and a new form of making online payments.
They hyped up Halloween Comic Fest, with more participants this year than ever.
And for this, and for Free Comic Book Day, the websites will also be re-created for mobile use.
They also talked about the FCBD merchandise items that Bleeding Cool scooped earlier in the year.
And announced for Christmas there would be no “skip week” during the holiday season.
- So How Does Loki Become Sorcerer Supreme For Marvel Legacy Anyway? (SPOILERS) - October 21, 2017
- Rob Liefeld Vs. Diamond Over A Thousand Missing Comic Books - October 21, 2017
- A Lifedeath Less Ordinary With John Stanisci - October 21, 2017
- An Unnerving Feeling Of Modern Dread… - October 21, 2017
- Cartoonist Conscript To The Bodega Boys - October 21, 2017