As the Hastings entertainment retail chain that did a fine line in comic books declares bankruptcy, more details about who it owes what to are emerging.
Which includes comic book distributor Diamond, for over one-and-a-half million dollars.
Which is a lot of money. But pales slightly in comparison with Funko whom, for those vinyl figurines, is owed over two-and-a-half million dollars.
That’s a whole lot of Pops. Will Chapter 11 bankruptcy allow Hastings to pay everyone off? Or come to some arrangement worth its creditors? Or is that looking less and less likely?
And in a year when comic book sales are falling compared to last year, this couldn;t have come at a worse time.
- Three Competitive Creative Teams for Wonder Woman? - October 15, 2018
- David F Walker… Not Writing Flash for DC Comics - October 15, 2018
- Free On Bleeding Cool: The Wailing Blade #1 From Comixtribe - October 15, 2018
- Retailers Ordered 300,000 Return Of Wolverine #1 in September – And Marvel Overshipped Some Titles Again - October 15, 2018
- Daniel Grzeszkiewicz, Please Get in Touch With Your Customers… - October 15, 2018