As the Hastings entertainment retail chain that did a fine line in comic books declares bankruptcy, more details about who it owes what to are emerging.
Which includes comic book distributor Diamond, for over one-and-a-half million dollars.
Which is a lot of money. But pales slightly in comparison with Funko whom, for those vinyl figurines, is owed over two-and-a-half million dollars.
That’s a whole lot of Pops. Will Chapter 11 bankruptcy allow Hastings to pay everyone off? Or come to some arrangement worth its creditors? Or is that looking less and less likely?
And in a year when comic book sales are falling compared to last year, this couldn;t have come at a worse time.
- DC Continues New Editions of Sandman for 30th Anniversary into 2019 - March 18, 2018
- Exclusive Relationships: J. Scott Campbell, Adi Granov, Dale Keown, Leinil Francis Yu and More - March 18, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 18th March 2018 – ‘And Now We Have A Horse Race’ as Marvel Steps Up - March 18, 2018
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018