As the Hastings entertainment retail chain that did a fine line in comic books declares bankruptcy, more details about who it owes what to are emerging.
Which includes comic book distributor Diamond, for over one-and-a-half million dollars.
Which is a lot of money. But pales slightly in comparison with Funko whom, for those vinyl figurines, is owed over two-and-a-half million dollars.
That’s a whole lot of Pops. Will Chapter 11 bankruptcy allow Hastings to pay everyone off? Or come to some arrangement worth its creditors? Or is that looking less and less likely?
And in a year when comic book sales are falling compared to last year, this couldn;t have come at a worse time.
- Cosmic King Comic Store of Springfield, Missouri to Close - June 21, 2018
- House Of Comics, of Jacksonville, Florida, to Close at the End of the Month - June 21, 2018
- DC Solicited Brian Bendis and Alex Maleev’s Absolute Scarlet by Mistake? - June 21, 2018
- Flash #47 Sells Out Fast, Goes to Second Printing - June 21, 2018
- Titan Magazines Reprint Oni Rick & Morty Comics for UK Newsstand - June 21, 2018