Hasbro has registered the term “Dire Wraiths”as a trademark for comic books.
The alien race was created for the Rom: The Space Knight comic book, licensed from the Parker Bros action figure. Created for the comic, even when Marvel was no longer allowed to use the Rom character, the Dire Wraiths have turned up in many other comic, from the X-Men to the more recent cosmic Annihilation comic series.
But it was also notable that Dire Wraiths, looking very different from their Marvel version, appeared in the Free Comic Book Day version of the IDW Rom comic licensed from Hasbro.
Whatever they look like, Hasbro wants the name. And to publish a comic book with that title.,..
Will Marvel challenge it?
- Did Bleeding Cool Move Your Needle? - July 23, 2017
- Geek Food: The Lich King Ice Cream At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- Dan DiDio Reveals The Secret Origins Of The Comic Creators – And The Fans – At San Diego Comic-Con - July 23, 2017
- The First Thirteenth Doctor Cosplay At San Diego Comic-Con…Is By A Man - July 23, 2017
- David Duchovny Says He Had Difficulty Voice Acting For X-Files Audible Series - July 23, 2017