Hasbro has registered the term “Dire Wraiths”as a trademark for comic books.
The alien race was created for the Rom: The Space Knight comic book, licensed from the Parker Bros action figure. Created for the comic, even when Marvel was no longer allowed to use the Rom character, the Dire Wraiths have turned up in many other comic, from the X-Men to the more recent cosmic Annihilation comic series.
But it was also notable that Dire Wraiths, looking very different from their Marvel version, appeared in the Free Comic Book Day version of the IDW Rom comic licensed from Hasbro.
Whatever they look like, Hasbro wants the name. And to publish a comic book with that title.,..
Will Marvel challenge it?
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018
- John Nee is the New Publisher of Marvel Comics - January 16, 2018