Hasbro has registered the term “Dire Wraiths”as a trademark for comic books.
The alien race was created for the Rom: The Space Knight comic book, licensed from the Parker Bros action figure. Created for the comic, even when Marvel was no longer allowed to use the Rom character, the Dire Wraiths have turned up in many other comic, from the X-Men to the more recent cosmic Annihilation comic series.
But it was also notable that Dire Wraiths, looking very different from their Marvel version, appeared in the Free Comic Book Day version of the IDW Rom comic licensed from Hasbro.
Whatever they look like, Hasbro wants the name. And to publish a comic book with that title.,..
Will Marvel challenge it?
- Let’s All Watch Frank Miller And Klaus Janson Talk Will Eisner For Over An Hour - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017