In November, Bleeding Cool ran a story about DC Comics opposition for a cerebral palsy charity trademark for the word “Supermanny”, based on the life of her three year old son.
The mother of “Supermanny” and the founder of the charity was advised to change the name of the 5K race from Supermanny 5K to Manny’s Mission 5k”, maintaining the superhero theme. As for the Adventures Of Supermanny comic, that has also had to be withdrawn from sale after legal requests, even though the fundraising comic has been printed. Holly had hoped to raise the money to buy a $25,000 wheelchair ramp. So the planned 5K run now has an added burden. Previous events helped pay for a hyperbaric chamber for Manny.
Those interested in signing up for the 5k or donate to Manny’s cause can go here.
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018
- Galactus Comes to the Fantastic Four in January - October 16, 2018
- Full Catalog For BOOM! Studios January 2019 Solicitations – Brings Buffy to the Yard With the Avant-Guards - October 16, 2018