Seems Ryan Reynolds did more than just re-post our link to the story about the Utah theater that was fined for showing Deadpool and selling beer. The movie’s star reportedly donated $5,000 to Brewvies defense fund… or at least someone using the name. A GoFundMe account had been set up to help the theater and had raised $7,000 before a $5,000 donation was added in the name of Ryan Reynold. Another $3,000 + has come in since.
As state in a previous story, the Utah Department of Alcohol Control had sent undercover agents into the theater to purchase beer and watch the film (How do I apply for this job?). There is a state law that you can’t have alcohol and nudity in the same place which lead to the theater being fined and a hearing scheduled. The initial hearing was postponed. The lawyer for the theater stated that they plan on suing the state on the ground that the law is unconstitutional.
[Source: Salt Lake Tribune]
- Lucifer Season 3: Mazikeen Really Wants to Go Back to Hell - March 23, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Jeremy Whitley on Vampirella #11 - March 23, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Tobias Gets Help from an Unexpected Source - March 23, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: It’s a Wonderful Vigilante - March 23, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5: Double the Fitz, Double the Fun - March 23, 2018