Magic: The Gathering, the best known and widest played TCG on the market for the last 22 years with over 20 million players and fans world wide. For those who have never played, you use cards collected through starter decks, booster packs and trading with other players to create a deck customized to your game strategy. There are over 15,000 unique cards to date, so you can tweak your deck to exactly what you want. And the cards are printed in 11 different languages and played in over 70 countries.
It’s a game played in comic/hobby stores across the country and in pro tournaments that offer prizes that total $250,000.00. You can even learn to play digitally and free with Magic Online.
What keeps the game fresh over two decades is the annual release of new sets. Each set of course comes with a new tournament as well as a new world to explore and amazing new art to see. Magic tends to have some of the best fantasy artist working for them. On April 8th, Shadows Over Innistrad will be released and the new tournament will be held in Madrid, Spain April 22nd-24th.
In Shadows Over Innistrad, Magic revisits a darker past on the fan-favorite world of Innistrad, where gothic horror reigns and vampires, werewolves, zombies and humans struggle against an infecting madness that is taking over the plane. Shadows Over Innistrad marks the next installment of an epic story arc that will immerse players in the game for years to come.
Here is some preview art from the new set.
- One More Thing: Questions About The Flash, Marvel’s Jessica Jones, and More - March 17, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: The Symbol You Know - March 17, 2018
- Martin Freeman Says Sherlock Isn’t Fun Anymore - March 17, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: What is the A.S.A. that Gambi was Talking About? - March 17, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 13 Recap: Principia - March 17, 2018