*** Possible Spoilers ***
If you haven’t watch the first episode of VIxen, go do that and come back.
If you tuned into to the CW Seed and watched the first episode of Vixen… then you got to see a quick start with Mari McCabe (Megalyn Echikunwoke) in a battle with Green Arrow (Stephen Amell) and The Flash (Grant Gustin) for the first minute and twenty-five. Then we cut back to three days before and she wakes in a jail cell. The five minute episode introduces us to the character, a bit of her history and the Tantu Totem / necklace and puts her in cliff-hanger level danger, twice.
The look of the show is good. The designs by artist Phil Bourassa work well and the animation is top notch… though two surprised looks from Oliver Queen in less than 30 seconds was a bit odd. Story wise, it’s pretty well written but there just isn’t too much to go on. I understand that the episodes are only five minutes long, but it felt like they had a certain amount of info to get to the viewer and very little time so it didn’t flow as naturally as it could have.
Here is the trailer for the second episode:
- Courtney Ford Promoted to Series Regular for DC’s Legends of Tomorrow - June 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 5 Recap: All Souled Out - June 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 4 Recap: I Get Physical - June 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 3 Recap: Wig Out - June 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 2 Recap: Straighten It Out - June 22, 2018