*** Possible Spoilers ***
If you haven’t watch the first episode of VIxen, go do that and come back.
If you tuned into to the CW Seed and watched the first episode of Vixen… then you got to see a quick start with Mari McCabe (Megalyn Echikunwoke) in a battle with Green Arrow (Stephen Amell) and The Flash (Grant Gustin) for the first minute and twenty-five. Then we cut back to three days before and she wakes in a jail cell. The five minute episode introduces us to the character, a bit of her history and the Tantu Totem / necklace and puts her in cliff-hanger level danger, twice.
The look of the show is good. The designs by artist Phil Bourassa work well and the animation is top notch… though two surprised looks from Oliver Queen in less than 30 seconds was a bit odd. Story wise, it’s pretty well written but there just isn’t too much to go on. I understand that the episodes are only five minutes long, but it felt like they had a certain amount of info to get to the viewer and very little time so it didn’t flow as naturally as it could have.
Here is the trailer for the second episode:
- Exclusive Extended Previews For Pathfinder: Spiral Bones #1 and Vampirella #11 - March 20, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Marc Andreyko on Legenderry Red Sonja #2 - March 20, 2018
- Allison Williams Joins Netflix’s ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’ - March 20, 2018
- Exclusive First Look at Gabriel Hardman and Carlos D’Anda’s Aliens: Dust to Dust #3 Covers - March 20, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3, Episode 15 Recap: Necromancing the Stone - March 20, 2018