Maggie Thompson is was editor of the Comics Buyers Guide and is one of the mainstays of the comic book industry. And her comic book collection is legendary. BU of late, she has been selling a lot of it. Getting out of comics, Maggie? Not a bit of it.
I bumped into Maggie in Artists Alley in San Diego Comic Con yesterday, as she was telling us of her latest sales. But her plan isn’t to get rid of her comics, but to buy them back in a far worse condition.
With so much value placed upon the condistion of comics theses days, with one pont on the CGC scale sometimes representing hundreds or thousands of dollars, Maggie Thompson is putting herself against convention in this fashion and selling the hig grade, buying the low grade and keeping the difference. She’ll still have the comics she loves to read and own, but isn’t quite so worried about whether they’ll get a bent page or a creased spine.
Her latest sales is Guardians Of The Galaxy #1, which she sold for several thousand dollars, “for a fricking comic book” as she put it. But if you are wlling to sell her a poor condition of the comic, she is in the market for it…
Photo by Nightscream.
- Dick Grayson is Now Called Ric Grayson as Fabian Nicieza Joins Scott Lobdell on Nightwing #51 - October 15, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for January 2019 - October 15, 2018
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018
- Olivia Olson’s Marcy & Simon #1 Kicks Off Official Canon Continuation of Adventure Time in January - October 15, 2018
- The Future of Black Label at DC Comics – It’s All Stephen Colbert’s Fault? - October 15, 2018