Maggie Thompson is was editor of the Comics Buyers Guide and is one of the mainstays of the comic book industry. And her comic book collection is legendary. BU of late, she has been selling a lot of it. Getting out of comics, Maggie? Not a bit of it.
I bumped into Maggie in Artists Alley in San Diego Comic Con yesterday, as she was telling us of her latest sales. But her plan isn’t to get rid of her comics, but to buy them back in a far worse condition.
With so much value placed upon the condistion of comics theses days, with one pont on the CGC scale sometimes representing hundreds or thousands of dollars, Maggie Thompson is putting herself against convention in this fashion and selling the hig grade, buying the low grade and keeping the difference. She’ll still have the comics she loves to read and own, but isn’t quite so worried about whether they’ll get a bent page or a creased spine.
Her latest sales is Guardians Of The Galaxy #1, which she sold for several thousand dollars, “for a fricking comic book” as she put it. But if you are wlling to sell her a poor condition of the comic, she is in the market for it…
Photo by Nightscream.
- Frankie Boyle’s Rex Royd Comic Complete For The First Time in Titan Comics June 2018 Solicits - March 21, 2018
- Umami – The Latest Comic From ‘I Kill Giants’ Co-Creator and Artist Ken Niimura - March 21, 2018
- Meltdown Comics of Los Angeles Is Closing For Good on March 30th (UPDATE) - March 21, 2018
- A Comic Show – Talking The Death of Thor and More - March 21, 2018
- Magdalene Visaggio and Eva Cabrera Launch Oh S#!T, It’s Kim & Kim #1 in June - March 21, 2018