Maggie Thompson is was editor of the Comics Buyers Guide and is one of the mainstays of the comic book industry. And her comic book collection is legendary. BU of late, she has been selling a lot of it. Getting out of comics, Maggie? Not a bit of it.
I bumped into Maggie in Artists Alley in San Diego Comic Con yesterday, as she was telling us of her latest sales. But her plan isn’t to get rid of her comics, but to buy them back in a far worse condition.
With so much value placed upon the condistion of comics theses days, with one pont on the CGC scale sometimes representing hundreds or thousands of dollars, Maggie Thompson is putting herself against convention in this fashion and selling the hig grade, buying the low grade and keeping the difference. She’ll still have the comics she loves to read and own, but isn’t quite so worried about whether they’ll get a bent page or a creased spine.
Her latest sales is Guardians Of The Galaxy #1, which she sold for several thousand dollars, “for a fricking comic book” as she put it. But if you are wlling to sell her a poor condition of the comic, she is in the market for it…
Photo by Nightscream.
- The Finest Comic Book Ever Published Is Back in Print: Shane Simmons’s Longshot Comics - June 19, 2018
- Donny Cates Introduces Juggerduck to Cosmic Ghost Rider – #WhoGetsWarped? - June 19, 2018
- Ryan Sands, Star of Runaways TV Series, Now Draws for the Runaways Comic - June 19, 2018
- Jeff Parker to Tell the Official World War II Origin of James Bond - June 19, 2018
- IDW’s Batman vs. Maxx and Star Trek vs. Transformers in September 2018 - June 19, 2018