To be announced at the Hasbro panel today at SDCC, the company as made a deal with web content provider Machinima to produce a new webseries based on the Transformers universe. The series will take place during the Combiner Wars and will introduce new lore and new characters along with featuring existing fan-favorite characters.
“We couldn’t be more excited to bring one of the biggest franchises in the world to Machinima. Our audiences are huge fans of the comics, movies, toys and video games, and for us to continue the legend with the Combiner Wars is a unique storytelling opportunity,” said Machinima’s Chief Creative Officer Daniel Tibbets.
“We’re thrilled to be teaming up with Machinima on this groundbreaking, new digital series,” said Tom Warner, Senior Vice President for the TRANSFORMERS franchise for Hasbro. “As one of the top global producers and distributors of digital entertainment, they’re the perfect partner to help launch a totally new kind of TRANSFORMERS animation—one that, for the first time ever, is specifically designed for the teen and adult fans who’ve grown up loving the TRANSFORMERS brand. We look forward to delivering amazing action, storytelling and characterization that these fans demand, as the Combiner Wars play out across toys, comics, digital games and of course, the brand new animated digital series.”
More details of the Machinima/Hasbro series will be announced shortly.
- Titans Season 1: Jake Michaels Cast as Robotman for Doom Patrol Appearance - February 22, 2018
- A Tweet from Kylie Jenner Sent Snapchat’s Stock Plummeting - February 22, 2018
- Bosch Star Titus Welliver to Deal Meth on Chicago P.D. - February 22, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: Is this Really an Adam Strange Series in Disguise? - February 22, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5: Two Old Villains to Return in 100th Episode - February 22, 2018