Disney has started putting together a sequel to last years hit film Maleficent. The first step is to lock in screenwriter Linda Woolverton to return to continue the tale. According to The Wrap, those discussions are in progress now. The studio is also expecting to bring back Angelina Jolie for the lead role, but that could be tricky as the actress seems less inclined to do sequels since she became a director. Sequels to both Salt and Wanted were desired by their respective studios but neither moved forward and Jolie’s lack of interest is believed to be the key.
Jolie is currently in post-production on the film By The Sea which she co-starred with her husband Brad Pitt.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018