Well, the gossip spinning out of the weekend’s Special Edition: NYC comic convention in the sports bars of Manhattan, is the word that another character undergoing significant changes in the wake of Secret Wars, is Captain Marvel.
The character as she is now, Carol Danvers, first appeared in the seventies as Ms. Marvel, and of late has portrayed a female military superhero character with allegiances to Avengers, Guardians Of The Galaxy and more.
In the Secret Wars crossover series, she stars in Carol Danvers And The Carol Corps, a reinvented world where she is reinvented as super powered air force officer leading a team of female fighter pilots.
With a planned movie for the character from Marvel Studios, is that why changes are coming in now? Is Kelly involved with them? Will the fanbase accept such changes? Hell, we don’t even know what they are.
Just that they are… big.
But to add, they don’t include a costume change. The Jamie McKelvie design is, apparently, a lock for the movie and is considered by Marvel one of the reasons the character has such appeal.
- Marvel Legacy Covers Without The Animation – The Old 52 – But No Captain America? - June 25, 2017
- 10 Rules For Hiring Indie Comics Artists - June 24, 2017
- Velveteen Rabbit Made Real With David Mack And A Full Orchestra - June 24, 2017
- Spreading The Anthology Love Through Kickstarter - June 24, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: World Enough And Time – They Call Her Doctor Who! - June 24, 2017