Well, the gossip spinning out of the weekend’s Special Edition: NYC comic convention in the sports bars of Manhattan, is the word that another character undergoing significant changes in the wake of Secret Wars, is Captain Marvel.
The character as she is now, Carol Danvers, first appeared in the seventies as Ms. Marvel, and of late has portrayed a female military superhero character with allegiances to Avengers, Guardians Of The Galaxy and more.
In the Secret Wars crossover series, she stars in Carol Danvers And The Carol Corps, a reinvented world where she is reinvented as super powered air force officer leading a team of female fighter pilots.
With a planned movie for the character from Marvel Studios, is that why changes are coming in now? Is Kelly involved with them? Will the fanbase accept such changes? Hell, we don’t even know what they are.
Just that they are… big.
But to add, they don’t include a costume change. The Jamie McKelvie design is, apparently, a lock for the movie and is considered by Marvel one of the reasons the character has such appeal.
- Dark Horse Launces Buffy Spinoff, Giles, By Joss Whedon, Erika Alexander And Jon Lam In February 2018 Solicits - November 18, 2017
- Alan Moore Knows The Score He’s Sixty-Four - November 18, 2017
- Neal Adams Calls For Auschwitz Museum To Return Paintings To Dina Babbit - November 17, 2017
- Was That A Doomsday Clock Reference In The Justice League Movie? - November 17, 2017
- After 42 Years, Seattle’s Zanadu Comics To Close In 2018 - November 17, 2017