Well, the gossip spinning out of the weekend’s Special Edition: NYC comic convention in the sports bars of Manhattan, is the word that another character undergoing significant changes in the wake of Secret Wars, is Captain Marvel.
The character as she is now, Carol Danvers, first appeared in the seventies as Ms. Marvel, and of late has portrayed a female military superhero character with allegiances to Avengers, Guardians Of The Galaxy and more.
In the Secret Wars crossover series, she stars in Carol Danvers And The Carol Corps, a reinvented world where she is reinvented as super powered air force officer leading a team of female fighter pilots.
With a planned movie for the character from Marvel Studios, is that why changes are coming in now? Is Kelly involved with them? Will the fanbase accept such changes? Hell, we don’t even know what they are.
Just that they are… big.
But to add, they don’t include a costume change. The Jamie McKelvie design is, apparently, a lock for the movie and is considered by Marvel one of the reasons the character has such appeal.
- What Happened To Everyone In Love Actually, Revealed With Screencaps - March 24, 2017
- US Senators Want To Know Ike Perlmutter’s Comings And Goings - March 24, 2017
- Peter Kaye’s Car Share Series 2 Debuts At UK Cinemas Next Friday For Comic Relief - March 24, 2017
- A Few Comic Book Exclusives For WonderCon 2017… - March 24, 2017
- San Diego Comic Con To Open A Comics Museum In San Diego, In 2018 - March 24, 2017