There was speculation throughout the weekend that Denver Comic Con was rounding the corner on 100K in attendance this year. It was as busy on Saturday, the first full day of the con, as one usually sees on a Saturday elsewhere, then as busy on Sunday again as a Saturday usually is, and today, Monday, attendance was remarkably high, as high all day as the busiest part of a Sunday at most conventions.
And now the numbers are in. Jason Jansky made a statement to the press at Denver Comic Con that the official number this year has been 101,500. This is up from a reported 86,500 in 2014.
Congratulations, Denver. Nice to know there were more than enough guests to take advantage of the most extensive programming this reporter has ever seen and 400 tables in Artists Valley. From what I’ve heard so far, vendors and publishers also had a profitable time at the convention.
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015