Last night saw the introduction of the characters Aaron and his partner Eric on The Walking Dead, and as soon as they shared a kiss, half of the fans went berserk and tweeted disgust about the inclusion of a gay couple. Nevermind that Tara, a lesbian, has been apart of the cast since season 4, but when it came to two men kissing, that was the final straw for some.
Longtime readers of the comics knew about Aaron’s sexual orientation for awhile now, but to some of the viewers watching last night, homosexuality alive and well during the zombie apocalypse was more upsetting than any of the gory deaths, child killing, or cannibalism that have been constantly present in the past five seasons. Warning, some of the tweets have explicit language.
I don't like that the walking dead got faggot shit on here now. Is Nothing Sacred !???
— Guapo (@JamesBeGreat) February 23, 2015
Why did the walking dead just get gay as hell … 2 dudes kissing
— AlmightyPolo (@MacWitDa_Cheese) February 23, 2015
Had to go and put fags in the walking dead…… damn…….just damn
— Lowgun Willyams (@Hibow88) February 23, 2015
I don't discriminate against gay people. Plenty of my co-workers are gay. I just rather not have young children exposed to the BS on TV
— BJ JONES (@BJizz1e) February 23, 2015
Yes, won’t someone think of the children??
- D23 Expo ’15: Reflections On The Convention - August 17, 2015
- D23 Expo ’15: Day Two In Pictures - August 16, 2015
- D23 Expo ’15: Worlds, Galaxies, And Universes: Live Action At The Walt Disney Studios - August 16, 2015
- D23 Expo ’15: Day One In Pictures - August 15, 2015
- D23 Expo ’15: Pixar And Walt Disney Animation Studios Talk Zootopia, Gigantic, Moana, And More - August 15, 2015