Bleeding Cool was first to tell you about a plan from IDW to distribute “micro comic fun packs” containing mini-comics and a few stickers in mainstream children’s shopping areas, such as Wal-Mart, Toys ‘R’ Us and Gamestop.
Well it seems to have worked. IDW have published My Little Pony comics that way and followed them up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Now I understand they will be adding Skylanders to the line, having sold half a million of them.
Basically, IDW have set up their own mini-direct market and selling a shit load of books. Maybe all the other publishers could join in?
Maybe, but they’ll have to call it something else. Because IDW have registered the trademark…
So they#l have to be creative. Mini Picturebook Entertainment Folders? Tiny Graphic Novelette Jolly Pockets? There must be something… any ideas?
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018