Bleeding Cool was first to tell you about a plan from IDW to distribute “micro comic fun packs” containing mini-comics and a few stickers in mainstream children’s shopping areas, such as Wal-Mart, Toys ‘R’ Us and Gamestop.
Well it seems to have worked. IDW have published My Little Pony comics that way and followed them up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Now I understand they will be adding Skylanders to the line, having sold half a million of them.
Basically, IDW have set up their own mini-direct market and selling a shit load of books. Maybe all the other publishers could join in?
Maybe, but they’ll have to call it something else. Because IDW have registered the trademark…
So they#l have to be creative. Mini Picturebook Entertainment Folders? Tiny Graphic Novelette Jolly Pockets? There must be something… any ideas?
- The Works Of William Hogarth on the Walls Of Blacks Club in London - November 15, 2018
- Will There Even Be an Uncanny X-Men Comic After #11? - November 15, 2018
- 11 Revealed DC Comics Covers for December by Jenny Frison, Adam Hughes, Stjepan Šejić and More - November 15, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Detective Comics Before Batman and Alex Ross Hardcovers - November 15, 2018
- AfterShock to Publish Ryan Parrott and Charles Pritchett’s Oberon in February 2019 - November 15, 2018