Bleeding Cool was first to tell you about a plan from IDW to distribute “micro comic fun packs” containing mini-comics and a few stickers in mainstream children’s shopping areas, such as Wal-Mart, Toys ‘R’ Us and Gamestop.
Well it seems to have worked. IDW have published My Little Pony comics that way and followed them up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Now I understand they will be adding Skylanders to the line, having sold half a million of them.
Basically, IDW have set up their own mini-direct market and selling a shit load of books. Maybe all the other publishers could join in?
Maybe, but they’ll have to call it something else. Because IDW have registered the trademark…
So they#l have to be creative. Mini Picturebook Entertainment Folders? Tiny Graphic Novelette Jolly Pockets? There must be something… any ideas?
- Twenty-Three Uses For An Overshipped Marvel Comic - January 19, 2017
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017
- Image And Boom Are Diamond’s Comics Publishers Of The Year – The 2016 Gem Awards Results - January 19, 2017
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017