Bleeding Cool was first to tell you about a plan from IDW to distribute “micro comic fun packs” containing mini-comics and a few stickers in mainstream children’s shopping areas, such as Wal-Mart, Toys ‘R’ Us and Gamestop.
Well it seems to have worked. IDW have published My Little Pony comics that way and followed them up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Now I understand they will be adding Skylanders to the line, having sold half a million of them.
Basically, IDW have set up their own mini-direct market and selling a shit load of books. Maybe all the other publishers could join in?
Maybe, but they’ll have to call it something else. Because IDW have registered the trademark…
So they#l have to be creative. Mini Picturebook Entertainment Folders? Tiny Graphic Novelette Jolly Pockets? There must be something… any ideas?
- 3 New Marvel Comics Adult Coloring Books Coming In 2018: Black Panther, New Mutants, And Avengers - July 26, 2017
- The “I’m Not Buying This For A Second” Death In Secret Empire #7 (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017
- Zatanna As A Hogwarts Professor? Frank Cho’s Sketch Covers And Commissions From San Diego Comic-Con - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017