Bleeding Cool was first to tell you about a plan from IDW to distribute “micro comic fun packs” containing mini-comics and a few stickers in mainstream children’s shopping areas, such as Wal-Mart, Toys ‘R’ Us and Gamestop.
Well it seems to have worked. IDW have published My Little Pony comics that way and followed them up with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Now I understand they will be adding Skylanders to the line, having sold half a million of them.
Basically, IDW have set up their own mini-direct market and selling a shit load of books. Maybe all the other publishers could join in?
Maybe, but they’ll have to call it something else. Because IDW have registered the trademark…
So they#l have to be creative. Mini Picturebook Entertainment Folders? Tiny Graphic Novelette Jolly Pockets? There must be something… any ideas?
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017