It transpires that the company 21st Century Fox has not been able to successfully buy Time Warner for $80,000,000,000. Such a deal would have seen the company add HBO, Warner Bros, CNN – and of course DC Comics -to its portfolio of companies including Fox News, 20th Century Fox and much more.
The offer for $85 a share in cash and stock was rebuffed but it is likely that Fox will try again according to the New York Times.
If such a deal went ahead CNN would have to be sold over competition worries.
And for comic book fans, given that Fox likes to put out projects such as Aliens Vs Predator, could an X-Men Vs Justice League be too far long in the pipeline?
Any chance Rupert Murdoch could play himself as the Big Bad?
- Riz Ahmed And Billie Piper In Trailer For City Of Tiny Lights - January 19, 2017
- The Panels, Guest And Signing Schedules For 2000AD’s 40 Years Of Thrill-Power Festival Next Month - January 19, 2017
- Death’s Head Creators Hit Banbury, As Its Comic Con Returns - January 19, 2017
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017