It transpires that the company 21st Century Fox has not been able to successfully buy Time Warner for $80,000,000,000. Such a deal would have seen the company add HBO, Warner Bros, CNN – and of course DC Comics -to its portfolio of companies including Fox News, 20th Century Fox and much more.
The offer for $85 a share in cash and stock was rebuffed but it is likely that Fox will try again according to the New York Times.
If such a deal went ahead CNN would have to be sold over competition worries.
And for comic book fans, given that Fox likes to put out projects such as Aliens Vs Predator, could an X-Men Vs Justice League be too far long in the pipeline?
Any chance Rupert Murdoch could play himself as the Big Bad?
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018
- Comic Store in Your Future: Not Convinced Comic Sales Are Going to Improve Anytime Soon - January 21, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 21st January 2018 – A “Great Thaw” Taking Place over Marvel’s Comics - January 21, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters, 21st January 2018 – Kindness Works, Allegedly - January 21, 2018
- It Looks like DC Comics Didn’t Tell Chris Sprouse About Tom Strong Appearing in The Terrifics Either - January 21, 2018