It transpires that the company 21st Century Fox has not been able to successfully buy Time Warner for $80,000,000,000. Such a deal would have seen the company add HBO, Warner Bros, CNN – and of course DC Comics -to its portfolio of companies including Fox News, 20th Century Fox and much more.
The offer for $85 a share in cash and stock was rebuffed but it is likely that Fox will try again according to the New York Times.
If such a deal went ahead CNN would have to be sold over competition worries.
And for comic book fans, given that Fox likes to put out projects such as Aliens Vs Predator, could an X-Men Vs Justice League be too far long in the pipeline?
Any chance Rupert Murdoch could play himself as the Big Bad?
- The Battle Over Whether Batman Is A Meta-Human Gets Increasingly Meta - July 28, 2017
- Drugs Raid Seizes Death Of Phoenix, 2nd Deadpool, 1st Bishop And Infinity Gauntlet - July 28, 2017
- The UN Turns To Comics To Save The World At San Diego Comic-Con - July 28, 2017
- The Six Big Questions Asked By Marvel Legacy #1 – But What Of The Child? - July 28, 2017
- The X-Men’s Origins Retold In 8 Page Preview Of Ed Piskor’s X-Men: Grand Design - July 28, 2017