It transpires that the company 21st Century Fox has not been able to successfully buy Time Warner for $80,000,000,000. Such a deal would have seen the company add HBO, Warner Bros, CNN – and of course DC Comics -to its portfolio of companies including Fox News, 20th Century Fox and much more.
The offer for $85 a share in cash and stock was rebuffed but it is likely that Fox will try again according to the New York Times.
If such a deal went ahead CNN would have to be sold over competition worries.
And for comic book fans, given that Fox likes to put out projects such as Aliens Vs Predator, could an X-Men Vs Justice League be too far long in the pipeline?
Any chance Rupert Murdoch could play himself as the Big Bad?
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017