Ant-Man may have set a record recently with how many actors it cast without revealing any info on who anyone might be playing. Other than Paul Rudd as Scott Lang and Michael Douglas as Hank Pym, what do we really know?
The curtain may be starting to lift a little, though, as TheWrap reporter Jeff Sneider offers up this tidbit on who’s playing the film’s villains:
I'm told Corey Stoll is playing ANT-MAN villain Darren Cross & Patrick Wilson is playing his cousin, who may or may not become Crossfire.
— Jeff Sneider (@TheInSneider) June 19, 2014
Meanwhile, Badass Digest gives this pretty straightforward spoiler on the film’s villain. Obviously SPOILER WARNING, DO NOT READ ON if you don’t even want to know which character they say the villain is.
The villain in Ant-Man is Yellowjacket.
So, is Darren Cross Yellowjacket? He certainly wasn’t in the comics. Hank Pym was, for a bit, but Douglas is not expected to play that role in the movie.
As we can tell by now, this movie is taking plenty of liberties with its source material, for better or worse. We’ll see, on July 17, 2015.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014