Aaron Haaland of A Comic Shop in Orlando writes,
Hey Fandom! It’s another great week of comics just in time for HeroesCon is this weekend (hope to see you there). Our crowd funding for the shop and bar’s expansion, http://mygeekeasy.com, is at 30% of the goal, and I need to thank everyone for that. But, let’s talk new comics now.
Wicked + Divine #1 is here, and it’s the Gillen & McKelvie’s best work yet (but still check out Phonogram)! Basically, it’s Gods as pop stars and their cosplaying fans. I highly recommend it. Boom’s Thomas Alsop is like Constantine when he was a Hellblazer. Just substitute Manhattan for London, Pseudo-celebrity for con-artistry, and leave the magic and punk rock. It’s a great read in its own right, but is also what old school Vertigo fans have been missing! I don’t lie about my love for the Pinocchio Vampire Slayer thick collection by Green Lantern Corps and Flash’s Van Jensen. And I had to give some love to TMNT Turtles in Time, Ninja Turtles and dinosaurs by Ross Campbell!
DC had some really great bombshell covers like Batwoman, Wonder Woman, Haley Quinn, and Batman & Ra’s Al Ghul. That Robin Rises ending was out of this world, just glorious. Marvel’s Original Sin #4 had me laughing and cursing out loud. Punisher’s interaction with Strange, Rocket Raccoon, and especially Winter Soldier was worth the price of admission. My jar dropped with what Bucky said to Frank’s face. Then there was another insane cliffhanger that I can’t talk about yet. This awkward and violent Marvel Mystery crossover is quickly becoming my favorite. And Slott & Allred’s Silver Surfer is giving Norrin Radd the Hawkeye treatment (meaning a company book with so much passion for the character, it feels creator owned).
- Giant Robots, Ninja Turtles, Monster Motors And More – Talking With Nick Roche - October 26, 2015
- Processing The Troop: Behind The Page With Joshua Cassara - October 26, 2015
- What Bengal Wants: More Wolverine Covers & Work With Rick Remender - October 23, 2015
- A Story That Keeps You Coming Back For More – We Stand On Guard So Far (#1-4) - October 23, 2015
- ‘Let’s Start A System Where The Creators Get Most Of The Money’ – David Lloyd Talks ACES Weekly - October 23, 2015