Nikki Finke has returned to the land of entertainment reporting and wasted no time in dropping a potential bombshell for comic book movie enthusiasts. She claims to know what Warner Bros is planning to announce at Comic Con, and historically, she has tended to know what she’s talking about most of the time.
Here’s what she says her sources tell her of the tentative release schedule WB/DC have in mind, some of which will be revealed to the public next month:
May 2016 – Batman v Superman
July 2016 – Shazam
Xmas 2016 – Sandman
May 2017 – Justice League
July 2017 – Wonder Woman
Xmas 2017 – Flash and Green Lantern team-up
May 2018 – Man Of Steel 2
And more details on minor plot and character appearance details:
Like Marvel’s The Avengers, there will be cameos of superheroes for future installments. The cameos will include the already known Cyborg and Flash. Green Lantern [not played by Ryan Reynolds, thank god] may be introduced. And Aquaman will be seen in the Justice League movie. Problem is, Warner Bros Pictures was still negotiating with the actors for those cameos and future roles, meaning major contracts for multiple JL/character films to follow. The studio didn’t want to move forward until they had more of this secure so they held off starting production for a few months. Seemingly simple reason, but the implications are pretty darn huge.
So it sounds like we are in for more casting announcements, and perhaps even bigger announcements, soon.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014