You may recall the Pottymouth Batman episode of All Star Batman And Robin The Boy Wonder by Frank Miller and Jim Lee. Full of curse words, the words in questions had black bars placed across them. However, because they were at a different colour level to the words, they could been easily seen by tilting the page into the light. The comic was withdrawn but not before a number of copies made it out into comic shops. The editor, Bob Schreck, was fired as a result.
Well, writer John Layman has already left Batman Eternal. But not before he managed to sneak this particular line into today’s issue.
Bollocks, a vulgar word for testicles, is a common swear word in Britain and in some other Commonwealth countries. In Britain it is considered the eighth most offensive swear word.
When this episode of The Simpsons aired in the UK, it was only aired at night, or heavily cut for early evening airing…
Only eight years ago, a street trader in Leicester was fined £80 for selling T-shirts with the slogan “Bollocks To Blair”, under quoting Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986 which refers to language “deemed to cause harassment, alarm or distress”.
I wonder what they’ll do to this particular Batfamily relative…
Batman Eternal is published today by DC Comics and courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. Currently exhibiting the Elephantmen work of Shaky Kane, with prints for sale.
- The Black Eyed Peas Show Off The Augmented Reality In Their New Comic Book - October 20, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Dominates Advance Reorders, But It Has No Artgerm Cover - October 20, 2017
- Report: 63% Of Comics Bought By Men, 37% By Women - October 20, 2017
- God Complex #1, Maestros #1, Family Trade #1, And Realm #2 Go To Second Printings From Image Comics - October 20, 2017
- Calgary Expo Confirms They Are Now Part Of Fan Expo HQ Shows - October 20, 2017