You may recall the Pottymouth Batman episode of All Star Batman And Robin The Boy Wonder by Frank Miller and Jim Lee. Full of curse words, the words in questions had black bars placed across them. However, because they were at a different colour level to the words, they could been easily seen by tilting the page into the light. The comic was withdrawn but not before a number of copies made it out into comic shops. The editor, Bob Schreck, was fired as a result.
Well, writer John Layman has already left Batman Eternal. But not before he managed to sneak this particular line into today’s issue.
Bollocks, a vulgar word for testicles, is a common swear word in Britain and in some other Commonwealth countries. In Britain it is considered the eighth most offensive swear word.
When this episode of The Simpsons aired in the UK, it was only aired at night, or heavily cut for early evening airing…
Only eight years ago, a street trader in Leicester was fined £80 for selling T-shirts with the slogan “Bollocks To Blair”, under quoting Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986 which refers to language “deemed to cause harassment, alarm or distress”.
I wonder what they’ll do to this particular Batfamily relative…
Batman Eternal is published today by DC Comics and courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. Currently exhibiting the Elephantmen work of Shaky Kane, with prints for sale.
- DC Comics are Really Crucifying Red Hood These Days - November 14, 2018
- So How Old Are Valeria Richards, Franklin Richards and Jonathan Kent Now? (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018
- When Wonder Woman and Captain America Challenge US Government Policy - November 14, 2018
- Venom #8 And Captain America #5 Have Very Similar Final Page Twists… (SPOILERS) - November 14, 2018
- When Was Iceman In the Fantastic Four? (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018