You may recall the Pottymouth Batman episode of All Star Batman And Robin The Boy Wonder by Frank Miller and Jim Lee. Full of curse words, the words in questions had black bars placed across them. However, because they were at a different colour level to the words, they could been easily seen by tilting the page into the light. The comic was withdrawn but not before a number of copies made it out into comic shops. The editor, Bob Schreck, was fired as a result.
Well, writer John Layman has already left Batman Eternal. But not before he managed to sneak this particular line into today’s issue.
Bollocks, a vulgar word for testicles, is a common swear word in Britain and in some other Commonwealth countries. In Britain it is considered the eighth most offensive swear word.
When this episode of The Simpsons aired in the UK, it was only aired at night, or heavily cut for early evening airing…
Only eight years ago, a street trader in Leicester was fined £80 for selling T-shirts with the slogan “Bollocks To Blair”, under quoting Section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986 which refers to language “deemed to cause harassment, alarm or distress”.
I wonder what they’ll do to this particular Batfamily relative…
Batman Eternal is published today by DC Comics and courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. Currently exhibiting the Elephantmen work of Shaky Kane, with prints for sale.
- Comixology Bestseller List, 21st September 2018 – So Something With Nightwing Happened This Week Too - September 21, 2018
- Five Theories About Batman: Damned #1 – Enchantress, Suicide Squad, the Joker and Batpenis - September 21, 2018
- 12 Retailer Exclusive Cover Opportunities from Marvel for December 2018 - September 21, 2018
- Will You Pay an Extra Dollar to Commemorate a Dead Guardian Of The Galaxy? - September 21, 2018
- Marvel to Preview Age Of Star Wars With Free Magazine - September 21, 2018