About as closely scrutinized as any superhero blockbuster in pre-production, speculation has been running rampant about the return of HBO’s massive hit True Detective. No, Jessica Chastain will not be in season 2, but finally creator/showrunner Nic Pizzolatto is talking about it, sort of, probably sensing how much interest there is in the show in the blogosphere.
Talking to the To the Best of Our Knowledge podcast (as transcribed by The Wrap), Pizzolatto reveals that the second season will have three, not a pair of, lead characters, though casting will only begin “in earnest” in about a month.
In the meantime, the season’s story arc has been well established, and he’s written a few scripts:
Right now, we’re working with three leads. It takes place in California. Not Los Angeles, but some of the much lesser-known venues of California and we’re going to try to capture a certain psychosphere ambience of the place, much like we did in season one. The characters are all new, but I am deeply in love with each of them. We have the entire season broken out, and I have a couple of scripts, and we’ll probably start casting in earnest within the coming month.
Adjust your #TrueDetectiveSeason2 memes accordingly.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014