In debuting the first poster for Phantasm V, which we now know is subtitled Ravager, yesterday, Brendon called the horror franchise “idiosyncratic, memorable and…off-the-wall,” and I’d say that’s pretty self-evident in the new trailer as well.
And yes, Angus Scrimm is back, along with Reggie Bannister, Michael Baldwin, Bill Thornbury and Kat Lester. But for the first time, Don Coscarelli is not in the director’s chair. Instead, Phantasm: Ravager was directed by David Hartman, who co-wrote the script with Coscarelli.
Here’s what Coscarelli had to say about the film, which has just wrapped filming:
The Phantasm films have been a guerrilla operation for decades now, totally outside of the studio system. We do them for the fans, and I think Ravager will definitely please them. In the past few years several studios have made offers to remake Phantasm with large budgets, but the fans were very vocal that they wanted the original cast to return and finish this iteration of the story with class. And for the first time there’s an extended sequence on the Tall Man’s home world. I know Phantasm fans will be as excited as I am to see it.
Just what exactly is happening here? Beats me. It certainly doesn’t look scary in the traditional sense, but I’m guessing disturbing would be a better adjective.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014