Alice is back, the Mad Hatter is back, and now the Red Queen is back as well. Variety reports Helena Bonham Carter is now closing her deal to return for Disney’s Alice in Wonderland sequel, Through the Looking Glass. Mia Wasikowska and Johnny Depp closed their deals to return a couple of months back.
James Bobin is directing this one, which will have some sort of time travel (or at least time themed) element as the villain itself is Time (played by Sacha Baron Cohen) and the filmmakers are searching for actors to play younger versions of Alice and the Hatter.
It’s not clear if anyone else from the first film, like Anne Hathaway and Alan Rickman, will return, but I mean, probably, right? Disney must be at least trying to get them. Through the Looking Glass will be released on May 27, 2016.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014