Ok, internet, Marc Webb hears you, and he wants to reassure you that no, there aren’t going to be too many villains in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (this, despite marketing proclaiming “Enemies Unite” and all that which indicates there are indeed a lot of villains).
Webb is at SXSW and told The Playlist this when they brought up the internet’s concerns:
It’s about writing. We’re aware of those movies and the complaints people had. The main villain is Electro. Every other villain emerges around that. We were careful to make sure the stories entertained. You had to make sure to create obstacles that were difficult to overcome. We wanted to make the physical and emotional obstacles difficult. Rhino is in it for four minutes so it’s a legitimate comparison, but when you see the movie, I’m confident.
How much of this is PR spin in order to get butts in seats and how much of it is true? After all, “too many characters” isn’t really in and of itself problematic, so there is always the chance Webb really does utilize them all to the benefit of the film.
Guess we’ll see when Amazing Spider-Man 2 is released on May 2nd.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014