The Terminator reboot, Genesis, may be close to rounding out its Connor/Reese family. With Emilia Clarke already in place as a young Sarah Connor and Jason Clarke as a future version of John Connor, Deadline now reports the search for Kyle Reese is down to two contenders: Australian actor Jai Courtney and American Boyd Holbrook.
This film is rumored to take place over multiple timelines, including, probably, a When Kyle Met Sarah meet-cute origin story. It will also have a previously reported TV component, set to air the fall after the film releases in 2015, which may or may not spin off yet another alternate timeline – since I assume the movie stars won’t be making an appearance on the small screen spinoff.
I think Holbrook probably fits in better, at least aesthetically speaking, with Clarke & Clarke, and he just may have the edge, according to THR reporter Borys Kit:
Heard, btw, that Hol Holbrook is re-testing for Kyle Reece in Terminator: Genesis. Jai Courtney a second choice.
— Borys Kit (@Borys_Kit) February 10, 2014
Filming is imminent if not already underway, and Terminator: Genesis already has a July 1, 2015 release date.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014