John M. Chu is out, but an even more intriguing shortlist of directors are now up for grabs for the planned live action adaptation of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, according to a new report from Schmoes Know.
Those guys, who have been pretty spot on lately in regards to fanboy property news, report that Sony have been meeting with Joe Cornish (Attack the Block), Rian Johnson (Looper), Andy Muschietti (Mama), Kirk DeMicco & Chris Sanders (The Croods) and Phil Lord and Chris Miller (21 Jump Street) about potentially taking the director’s chair. Terry Rossio is writing the script.
Masters of the Universe was not one of my beloved childhood cartoons, but I would watch anything Cornish, Johnson or Lord & Miller do, so this is a pretty awesome list that I’m betting fans of the franchise would be happy with too.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014