Rupp Comics in Fremont, Ohio is having their 22nd Anniversary Celebration and they have gotten themselves quite the display piece. A copy of the 1933, Detective Dan: Secret Operative No.48. Often considered the first modern comic book as everything published prior to were filled with short comic strips or were compilations of comics previously published in newspapers. This was the first to feature new and original artwork to make a complete story. It was cancelled after just one issue making it extremely rare and only a few hundred copies are known to exist.
“When I first saw this book, I had to do some research as I was not too familiar with it,” says Rupp, “I discovered that this is a piece of comic book history and I feel that everyone should get a chance to see it since it is so rare. It’s not every day that you come across an 80-year-old comic book.”
Detective Dan Dunn was inspired by the Dick Tracy newspaper strips and in turn inspired Detective Comics which a few years later would introduce the world to Batman.
Along with the book, the Anniversary Celebration on the 7th will also feature comic creators Dirk Manning and Chris Enhot signing autographs. Rupp’s Comics is located in the heart of Fremont, Ohio at 335 North Ohio Avenue. Questions can be directed by phone to 419-334-4959 or through the email email@example.com.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018