Frankly, it was kinda bad timing for this trailer to drop so soon after the one for 300: Rise of an Empire. It’s kinda going for the same thing and definitely the same target audience, but the new trailer for Pompeii just really can’t measure up.
Kit Harington wears that long-suffering Jon Snow face here as Milo, a slave who’s determined to buy his freedom and marry his dream girl (Emily Browning), who’s also a royal and definitely out of his league. Luckily, or unluckily, a volcano erupts before they get too deep into romantic angst, and everyone flees for their lives instead.
Very much in the Paul W. S.. Anderson / Resident Evil wheelhouse, a bit chaotic and pretty incoherent, but I believe he does have a fanbase, so if you’re interested, this one drops on February 21, 2014.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014