The Scottish accent ran out clear towards the end of The Day Of The Doctor. “No sir! All thirteen!” as eyebrows narrowed.
But, according to the Daily Mirror, that was Fourteen.
They quote Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat confirming what Bleeding Cool ran earlier, that Matt Smith is not the Eleventh, nor the Twelfth but the final Thirteenth incarnation of the Time Lord that mostly goes by the name of The Doctor, including the War Doctor and the One-Hearted Rose Doctor. And that Peter Capaldi somehow breaches the natural order of things and becomes the Fourteenth Doctor…
Asked about the Christmas episode and the regeneration of Doctor Who, Moffat confirmed Matt was the 13th Doctor and told the Mirror: “The 12 regenerations limit is a central part of Doctor Who mythology – science fiction is all about rules, you can’t just casually break them. “So if the Doctor can never change again, what’s Peter Capaldi doing in the Christmas special?”
Bring on the Sisters Of Karn…
- You’ll Believe Avengers Can Retcon – Avengers #676 and Champions #16 Spoilers - January 17, 2018
- “The Answers They Seek Lie Only With Her” – Shout Sheet for Agents Of SHIELD’s The Last Day - January 17, 2018
- Batman #39, Action Comics #761 And The Temptations Of Wonder Woman (SPOILERS) - January 17, 2018
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018