More comic books are headed for the small screen, with Deadline reporting actor Michael Chiklis has began developing a TV series version of Pantheon, the IDW 5-issue comic book series that he co-created with Anny Simon Beck and Marc Andreyko.
Pantheon was published in 2010 and follows ancient Greek gods who are resurrected in a near-future Earth, which is naturally in complete chaos, and it’s up to them to battle for the fate of mankind. Chiklis and co. are now searching for a showrunner to help them develop the show, which will then be shopped to networks as a direct-to-series package. And that Pantheon #1 cover certainly seems to suggest there will be a starring role for Chiklis on the show as well, doesn’t it?
Keeping it all in the family, the show is being developed under IDW Entertainment, the newly formed TV division of IDW Publishing, which will fund and develop various IDW properties for TV. Already in the works are adaptations of Life Undead, Brooklyn Animal Control and V Wars.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014