It’s been a big hot rumour. That AMC is developing the Garth Ennis/Steve Dillon DC/Vertigo comic Preacher as an ongoing TV series. BadAssDigest seemed to get the ball roilling yesterday. These tweets probably helped it along,
Looks like about seven of years of hard work are about to pay off. I may get to bring one of my favourite stories ever to life.
— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) November 16, 2013
Arseface. John Wayne, The Saint of Killers.
— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) November 17, 2013
And now, a Bleeding Cool has learned that the Chief Operating Officer of AMC, Edward Carroll, popped into the Long Island comic store Escape Pod a couple of hours ago, spoke to its owner Menachem Luchins and confirmed they have bought Preacher and that “he said it so matter of factly”.
It’s happening, folks. We’ve heard it from the top.
Here’s what HBO said goodbye to half a decade ago…
UPDATE: Luchins has now run a full account of the meet-up.
I accede that he’s correct and decide to just go for it, “So I guess you heard the rumors about AMC buying Preacher, huh?”
“Yeah, he says… I work there.”
So I get a bit flustered, especially after some more talk makes it clear that AMC has indeed purchased the rights, and start babbling about what a great book Preacher is, the sort of challenges they’re going to have, just geeking out basically.
“If you do it right, though, it could be VERY successful.”
“I hope so, we paid enough for it,” he deadpans.
- Comic Store in Your Future: Not Convinced Comic Sales Are Going to Improve Anytime Soon - January 21, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 21st January 2018 – A “Great Thaw” Taking Place over Marvel’s Comics - January 21, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters, 21st January 2018 – Kindness Works, Allegedly - January 21, 2018
- It Looks like DC Comics Didn’t Tell Chris Sprouse About Tom Strong Appearing in The Terrifics Either - January 21, 2018
- Deathstroke Vs. Batman – New Series by Priest and Carlo Pagulayan From DC Comics for April - January 21, 2018