It’s been a big hot rumour. That AMC is developing the Garth Ennis/Steve Dillon DC/Vertigo comic Preacher as an ongoing TV series. BadAssDigest seemed to get the ball roilling yesterday. These tweets probably helped it along,
Looks like about seven of years of hard work are about to pay off. I may get to bring one of my favourite stories ever to life.
— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) November 16, 2013
Arseface. John Wayne, The Saint of Killers.
— Seth Rogen (@Sethrogen) November 17, 2013
And now, a Bleeding Cool has learned that the Chief Operating Officer of AMC, Edward Carroll, popped into the Long Island comic store Escape Pod a couple of hours ago, spoke to its owner Menachem Luchins and confirmed they have bought Preacher and that “he said it so matter of factly”.
It’s happening, folks. We’ve heard it from the top.
Here’s what HBO said goodbye to half a decade ago…
UPDATE: Luchins has now run a full account of the meet-up.
I accede that he’s correct and decide to just go for it, “So I guess you heard the rumors about AMC buying Preacher, huh?”
“Yeah, he says… I work there.”
So I get a bit flustered, especially after some more talk makes it clear that AMC has indeed purchased the rights, and start babbling about what a great book Preacher is, the sort of challenges they’re going to have, just geeking out basically.
“If you do it right, though, it could be VERY successful.”
“I hope so, we paid enough for it,” he deadpans.
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd January 2017 – Supergirl Grabs Bleeding Cool By The Traffic - January 22, 2017
- Sean Gordon Murphy’s New Batman Series, Teased… - January 22, 2017
- Reviewing By The Numbers: A Tarnished Tintin For Grown Ups - January 22, 2017
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017